The appointment of David Weir as manager of Sheffield United was a cracking result for the layers but, more importantly, a triumph for the Blades as I am convinced the Scot will be a great success having been so highly regarded at Hearts, Everton and Rangers.
LAST week we ended our losing run with a win over Berwick and the most pleasing thing was that we got great contributions from Damien Koppe and Joe Haines, who have a had a tough time of it recently.
Rob Dowd is the golden boy of British ice hockey. The 25-year-old Great Britain forward has just returned to Sheffield Steelers after playing in Belfast and Sweden. He has a two year contract with the Arena club and lives in north Sheffield.
Firstly I just want to start by congratulating the winners of last week’s Pow UK Simon Stead Racing T-shirt competition.
It is a visit which has gone down in Sheffield folklore: the day when Pablo Picasso came to the city, writes Colin Drury.2 comments
It’s been a pretty quiet week for me because of the injury but I was at Owlerton on Thursday for our meeting with Rye House and it was so frustrating having to watch the guys from the sidelines.
- Sheffield United: David’s seal of approval for the Blades
- Murder inquiry launched as man dies in Sheffield
- Sheffield United: Blades host Notts County on opening weekend
- The football fixtures are released this week so we asked a reporter from each of our clubs to write about a match they can’t wait to see next season. Here are their thoughts.
- Boxing: Historic club face eviction
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Sheffield
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 21 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 10 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: East