Mystery donor helps ballerina
A TEENAGE ballerina from South Yorkshire is joining the world famous Bolshoi Ballet Academy - after a last-minute donation from an anonymous donor.
Tala Lee-Turton, aged 16, from Wombwell, Barnsley, will fly to Russia this week to start a four-year training programme at the Moscow school.
She is the first dancer from Yorkshire to secure a place at the elite academy, and only the ninth British dancer to be accepted in its 239-year history.
Her mother Sara Turton, a single parent, had three months to raise £15,000 towards the £20,000 costs for her first year.
Ms Turton, a training manager, said: “I’m thankful to the complete strangers who have been so moved by Tala’s story that they have donated funds to help her.”
- Sheffield United: David’s seal of approval for the Blades
- Murder inquiry launched as man dies in Sheffield
- Sheffield United: Blades host Notts County on opening weekend
- The football fixtures are released this week so we asked a reporter from each of our clubs to write about a match they can’t wait to see next season. Here are their thoughts.
- Boxing: Historic club face eviction
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Sheffield
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 21 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 10 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: East