Walking: Skye high viewing
Isle of Skye Quarry and Tin Mill ponds
• Start - Town Hall, Manchester Road, Stocksbridge S36 2DT.
• Grid Reference - SK 273984.
• Maps – OL1 Dark Peak, OS Explorer 278.
• Parking - Lidl Car Park (opposite Town Hall), use the public section at the far end from the entrance.
• Public transport - 23, 23A, 24, 25, 25A, 25B, 57, 201 and SL1 bus routes.
• Length - 4.5 miles.
• Grade - well marked paths, stone stiles, some rough ground, can be muddy in wet weather.
• Refreshments – available in Fox Valley and the town centre
• Public Toilets – coin operated unit opposite the Town Hall
• This walk was written and produced by Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome, why not visit their website http://www.stocksbridge-walkers.org.uk/index.html for more interesting walks.