Yorkshire openers Geoffrey Boycott and Richard Lumb come out to bat against Lancashire in the final innings of the Roses match in 1973.
This week thus marks the 40th anniversary of the last first class match played at the historic ground which had once hosted an Ashes Test match in 1902.
In 1971 the board of the Sheffield United Cricket and Football Club voted to expell cricket from Bramall Lane to pave the way for a four-sided football ground.
The construction of the South Stand began soon after, over the cricket square, and Yorkshire county matches in Sheffield moved to Abbeydale Park for a period.
The last match was a low-scoring draw which ended with the little known all-rounder Colin Johnson having the distinction of facing the very last ball.