Family must wait to bury stab death girl, 13

Casey Kierney

Casey Kierney

0
Have your say

TRAGIC teenager Casey Kearney’s family must wait for a second post mortem examination of her body to take place before they can bury her.

An inquest into the 13-year-old’s death heard another forensic examination of her body will be carried out tomorrow for the defence team involved in the trial of the woman accused of murdering Casey.

Det Sgt Andrew Shields told coroner Nicola Mundy that Hannah Bonser, aged 26, of Cusworth House, St James Street, Doncaster, had been arrested and charged with murder, and one post mortem examination had already taken place.

Opening the inquest, Ms Mundy said she would retain Casey’s body until the second examination had taken place, but would release it for a funeral after it was completed.

A statement was read to Ms Mundy from Casey’s mum, Kerry Day, confirming she had identified the body to Detective Constable Neil Turner as being that of her daughter.

Ms Mundy adjourned the inquest to a date to be set.

Hannah Bonser is set for her first appearance at Sheffield Crown Court tomorrow, having been remanded in custody last week by Doncaster magistrates.

Detectives are still appealing for witnesses to Casey’s death.

The schoolgirl died at Doncaster Royal Infirmary of stab wounds on Tuesday night, after being brought into the hospital from Elmfield Park in the afternoon.

Flowers have been left by devastated friends in tribute to Casey at the park where she was found.