Hunt for seven more Hillsborough heroes

The latest image released in relation to the appeal for Hillsborough witnesses
The latest image released in relation to the appeal for Hillsborough witnesses

Seven more people who helped dying victims at the Hillsborough disaster are being sought.

A new CCTV image has been released showing one policeman and six supporters who investigators hope to speak to because of information they may be able to provide to the ongoing inquests.

It is the fifth time an appeal has been made in recent weeks.

Images of 66 people have been released so far, with 28 identified to date.

The appeals are being made on behalf of the coroner Sir John Goldring to identify a number of people as it is known that these individuals assisted some of the people who died at the disaster on April 15, 1989.

Assistant Commissioner Jon Stoddart, who is running Operation Resolve, said: “The response to our appeal has been phenomenal and I am extremely grateful to the public for their support, especially those who have made contact with us to identify themselves, a relative or friend.

“We would urge the public to look at the latest images that we have released because I think they may be able to identify them too. It is important that we track these potential witnesses down as they could help answer some of the many questions that the families of the 96 still have.

“As I have said previously, what we are doing is unusual and I cannot reiterate the importance of people heeding the warnings and advice issued by the Coroner and the office of the Attorney General. It is important that people do not pass comment on our appeal or any other aspect of the Hillsborough disaster on social media and forums.”

The public are asked to visit OperationResolve.co.uk to view the gallery of pictures or call 08000 283284 if they can identify an image.