Derbyshire firefighters issue warning after early-morning dishwasher blaze

Breaking news...

Breaking news...

0
Have your say

Firefighters have sounded a warning after an early-morning blaze involving a dishwasher.

Crews were called to a house on Lansbury Avenue, Mastin Moor, at about 2.50am on Sunday.

On arrival they found a dishwasher on fire.

Firefighters battled the flames and removed the device from the property.

A Derbyshire fire service spokesman said: “Don’t leave the dishwasher, washing machine or tumble dryer running overnight or while you are out.

“They are a fire risk because of their high wattage, friction and motors.”

For more advice about keeping safe at home, visit the Derbyshire fire service website