An inquest has been opened into the death of a 25-year-old man.
The body of Jamie Stone was discovered at a property in Malson Way, Newbold, on Friday, June 5.
His death comes almost a year after his friend Aidan Karpenko died after taking a deadly legal high on June 25, 2014.
The two were childhood friends.
Speaking at Mr Karpenko’s inquest in November, Mr Stone said: “Aidan was like a kid brother to me.”
Mr Stone’s inquest was opened at Chesterfield coroners’ court on Wednesday.
Coroner James Newman said: “I understand that Jamie may not have been seen for some time, certainly not since around May 27, 2015.”
Mr Newman said his office was still awaiting post-mortem results to ascertain the cause of Mr Stone’s death and a police file to help establish the circumstances surrounding his death.
He adjourned the inquest to a date to be fixed.
Louise Lowe, Mr Karpenko’s foster mother, said: “I’m thinking about Jamie’s family.
“No words can ease the heartache.”
A former Chesterfield College student, Mr Karpenko was a talented musician and worked as a bartender at Frankie and Benny’s in the town.
Family described him as “bright, loving and talented”.
Post-mortem tests revealed Mr Karpenko, of Chesterfield Road, Holmewood, died of cardiorespiratory depression due to Etizolam toxicity.
Etizolam is used as a medicine in Japan and India to treat anxiety, insomnia and panic attacks.
The drug is not licensed as a medicine in the UK – although it is not classed as an illegal substance.
Mr Newman recorded a conclusion of accidental death at Mr Karpenko’s inquest.
• For confidential drug advice, call Frank on 0300 123 6600 or visit www.talktofrank.com
• If you need someone to speak to in confidence, call the Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90 or email firstname.lastname@example.org