Faulty charger blamed for fatal house fire in Sheffield

CSI examine the house on Wake Road, Sheffield, where two women and three children died in a house fire

CSI examine the house on Wake Road, Sheffield, where two women and three children died in a house fire

0
Have your say

A faulty electrical charger is the most ‘probable’ cause of a house fire which claimed the lives of five members of the same Sheffield family, an investigation has revealed.

Police and fire investigators have spent two weeks examining the charred remains of the family home on Wake Road, Nether Edge, and revealed the results of their probe yesterday – ruling out foul play.

Amaan Parwaiz Kayani (L) and his brother Adyan Parwaiz Kayani
Amaan Parwaiz Kayani (L) and his brother Adyan Parwaiz Kayani

They believe a faulty charger sparked the fire, but are unable to say what exactly the device was.

 

Back to the top of the page