A famous day in Sheffield history was brought back to life 370 years on.
The surrender of Sheffield Castle on August 11, 1644 at the height of the Civil War was re-enacted in the shadow of the closed Castle Market.
Drums rolled, colours flew and pikes and muskets were brandished as the Friends of Sheffield Castle first gathered at the Old Queens Head on Pond Street.
They then marched through Fitzalan Square to the former Market Tavern on Exchange Street, representing royalists and parliamentarians. It was there that the terms of surrender were read out in public for the first time since the original event.