A surgical instruments factory in Sheffield has been left damaged, after a fire large broke out in one of its acid baths.
The blaze was discovered on the ground floor of Symmetry Medical, on Beulah Road, Owlerton, at 11pm on Saturday night.
A spokesman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said: “The security guard picked the blaze up on CCTV. “We discovered one of the acid baths on fire, which are kept permanently heated to sterilise instruments on site.
“It took 25 firefighters three hours and seven pumps to put the fire out. Luckily, we were able to stop the entire building getting involved.”
Following an investigation at the site on Sunday morning fire chiefs said the blaze started accidentally.
It is not the first time Symmetry Medical has been the victim of accidental fire - a similar blaze broke out last September.