Sheffield house blaze man suffers burns

The Star: Local, national and international news 24-hours a day.
The Star: Local, national and international news 24-hours a day.

A MAN from Sheffield was taken to hospital suffering from burned hands and smoke inhalation after his kitchen went up in flames this morning.

Firefighters from Elm Lane and Darnall stations attended the blaze at Ridgefield Drive, Wincobank, just after 8.30am.

* Police, firefighters and paramedics dashed to a house in Chesterfield after a grill pan caught fire on Mansfield Road, Hasland, at 5.30am.

Fire crews from Chesterfield put out bin fires on Bower Farm Road, Old Whittington and Robin Croft, Birdholme late on Saturday evening.