TV classics the Crystal Maze, It’s a Knock Out and the Krypton Factor are all set to make a comeback thanks to a new business events programme launched by Sheffield International Venues (SIV).
Working in association with Demon Wheelers, SIV Events and Experiences has developed a unique series of team building activities for competitive companies to work and play.
The popular 90’s game show the Crystal Maze has been turned into a fun filled team building event at Ponds Forge Sheffield, where teams complete physical, mental and skill challenges to win crystals before heading to the Crystal Dome.
It’s a Knock Out at Don Valley Sheffield will see teams compete in a variety of games such as Giant Costumes to Slippery Inflatable Slopes while Krypton Factor style challenges will be played out at Hillsborough Leisure Centre.
At Don Valley Bowl, SIV is running Laser Clay Pigeon Shooting and Mission Possible, which features hover crafts and quad biking, while Concord Sports Centre will host Wacky Wheels.
The new team-building programme also includes TV Tastic at Sheffield City Hall – an activity that covers a wide variety of TV shows such as the X-Factor and the Cube.
Dominic Stokes, General Manager for SIV Events said: “Our new team-building and incentive programmes have to be one of the most unique on offer in the UK. Team building is vital to the development of strong business relationships and an effective way of improving motivation and staff morale, especially during these challenging economic times.
“SIV Events boasts unique venues and diverse locations which can transform any event into a truly inspirational experience. From game show classics to Winter Olympic sports we can create bespoke packages to suit any organisation of any size and our team will design and plan a program of imaginative and challenging activities, exercises and games. These are not merely ‘jollies’ but underpin a company’s own business aims and objectives.”
The unique teambuilding activities will be promoted to delegates at Europe’s leading industry show - International Confex.
The event, which takes place at Earls Court in London from March 1-3, will see SIV Events showcase its portfolio of facilities to international event buyers from the Sheffield Convention Bureau stand. Buyers can find Sheffield and SIV Events at stand B340.
Northdales LLP combined their annual conference with a team building event at EIS Sheffield. Finance director Sam Delaney said: “We were looked after tremendously well from start to finish – EIS Sheffield is fantastic and all attendees commented on how much they enjoyed the day and what a fabulous venue it was.”
For more information from SIV call 0870 121 3690, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.sivevents.com
* Sheffield International Venues (SIV) operates Ponds Forge International Sports Centre, Don Valley Stadium, Hillsborough Leisure Centre, Concord Sports Centre, iceSheffield, the English Institute of Sport – Sheffield (EIS Sheffield), four golf courses (Tinsley Park, Birley Wood, Beauchief and Tapton Park), Westfield Sports Centre, LIFE Swimming Pool and Leisure Centre, Motorpoint Arena and Sheffield City Hall.
* It hosts more than 2,000 events and attracts four million customers every year. Clients have included BBC, Channel 4 and ITV.
* Motorpoint Arena, the flagship venue in SIV’s portfolio, hosted the BBC’s Sports Personality of the Year event in 2009. It was the biggest in the 56-year history of Sports Personality of the Year, with an audience of nearly 12,000 in Sheffield.
* Don Valley Sheffield hosted global rock stars U2 for a unique concert watched by 50,000 spectators in 2009.
* In 2011, SIV will deliver major events including the Liberal Democrat Spring Conference in March, Shine International, a major international environmental conference, in September and the BBC Songs of Praise School Choirs competition that will be broadcast over three weeks, plus the largest major sporting events calendars in the past 20 years.