Carlos Carvalhal is gearing up for another assault on promotion to the Premier League and says there was no doubt that he wouldn’t be staying on at Sheffield Wednesday.
It was announced last week that the Portuguese had agreed a new contract - the length of which undisclosed - and now Carvalhal will set about his third attempt at ending Wednesday’s exile from the top flight.
Preliminary talks have taken place between Carvalhal and Owls chairman Dejphon Chansiri with regards to their recruitment for next season, with a central defender and a wide midfielder featuring prominently on their list of targets.
And despite rumours of a return to his native country and newspaper reports in Portugal apparently offering credence to those whispers, Carvalhal is delighted to remain in Sheffield.
“I’m happy here,” said Carvalhal.
“Even in Portugal, there were a lot of rumours that I had a chance to go to Porto.
“They are a big club in Europe who play a lot in the Champions League. A lot of clubs talked about me in the press.
“I never had any doubt that I would stay here. I like to be here and to work with my players. I have a good feeling with them. The fans are amazing and I have a good connection with the chairman.
“It is not a question of money or playing in the Premier League. It is a big pleasure to be part of the Sheffield Wednesday family and I am a happy person.
“I love to be here and I am very happy to continue in the city and at Sheffield Wednesday.”