Barnsley woman taken to hospital after bungalow blaze

A Barnsley woman was taken to hospital after a fire broke out in her home when clothes she was drying went up in flames.  

The elderly woman inhaled smoke when the fire broke out in her bungalow in Lilydene Avenue, Grimethorpe., at 10.40pm last night.

Lilydene Avenue, Grimethorpe, Barnsley

Lilydene Avenue, Grimethorpe, Barnsley

Barnsley baby murder: Man arrested over death bailed

She had left clothes drying in front of an open fire in her living space.

Court: Prison officer due in court accused of smuggling drugs and phones into jail in Doncaster

Firefighters called out to the blaze said it caused severe damage.

Trial: Man on trial for murder accused of stamping on spice users’s head in Barnsley town centre

Crews remained at the scene until 12.30am.