Candle caused house fire in Barnsley

A house fire in Barnsley in the early hours of this morning was down to a flame from a candle coming into contact with a cushion, it is believed.Â

Monday, 10th December 2018, 8:50 am
Updated Monday, 10th December 2018, 8:55 am
High Croft Drive, Athersley North

The fire in High Croft Drive, Athersley North, was discovered at around 12.10am and firefighters spent around two hours at the scene.

High Croft Drive, Athersley North

The occupants of the house escaped unharmed.