Candle caused serious house blaze in Sheffield

A candle sparked a serious house blaze in Sheffield it has emerged today.

The fire broke out on Valentine Crescent, Shiregreen, at 4pm on Friday and engulfed the property.

A house went up in flames on Valentine Crescent, Shiregreen

A house went up in flames on Valentine Crescent, Shiregreen

CRIME: Killer of Rotherham man still at large nearly three years after death

Firefighters called out to the blaze said the house was well alight when they arrived.

READ MORE: Car thieves hunted over theft from Sheffield driveway

Three fire engines were deployed to the scene and spent around two hours dealing with the incident.

COURT: Man due to be sentenced for sexually assaulting Sheffield police officer 

An investigation established that a candle sparked the blaze.

The occupants in the house escaped unharmed.