Candle caused serious house blaze in Sheffield

A candle sparked a serious house blaze in Sheffield it has emerged today.

Monday, 7th January 2019, 11:31 am
Updated Wednesday, 9th January 2019, 12:41 pm
A house went up in flames on Valentine Crescent, Shiregreen

The fire broke out on Valentine Crescent, Shiregreen, at 4pm on Friday and engulfed the property.

CRIME: Killer of Rotherham man still at large nearly three years after death Firefighters called out to the blaze said the house was well alight when they arrived.

A house went up in flames on Valentine Crescent, Shiregreen

Three fire engines were deployed to the scene and spent around two hours dealing with the incident.

An investigation established that a candle sparked the blaze.

The occupants in the house escaped unharmed.