POLICE have revealed they expect to make more arrests as part of their investigation into the naming of a woman raped by Blades striker Ched Evans
Three men already arrested after the victim was named on Twitter have been released on bail.
Det Chf Insp Steve Williams, leading the investigation, said: “Further arrests are planned and will be made in the forthcoming days.”
Police arrested three suspects in South Yorkshire on Thursday and questioned them at a police station in Sheffield.
They were arrested after Sheffield United striker Ched Evans was sentenced to five years for rape and his victim was named and abused on Twitter.
A police spokesman said: “North Wales Police have confirmed that the three individuals arrested as part of their investigation into the social media site naming of the victim in the Ched Evans rape case have been released on bail.
“All three have been bailed following questioning at a Sheffield police station to return to a police station in North Wales in the near future.
“They have been bailed to allow police to conduct further enquiries and to consult with the Crown Prosecution Service.”
Sheffield United have refused to reveal whether Evans - who is out of contract at the end of the season - is still being paid by the club.
The woman, who was 19 at the time of the attack and is now 20, is entitled to lifelong anonymity.
Evans, who has 13 caps for Wales, raped his victim in a hotel bedroom in Rhyl, Denbigshire, last May.
Port Vale Defender Clayton McDonald was cleared of the attack.
Both men admitted having sexual intercourse with the woman and claimed it was consensual, but prosecutors said the woman had been too drunk to agree.
Jurors cleared McDonald but found Evans guilty.
He is planning to appeal against his conviction.