Fire at Sheffield student flats


Firefighters were called out in the early hours of this morning to a blaze outside a block of student flats in Sheffield.

They put out a fire that had started in a large commercial-sized bin in the courtyard of the Aspect3 accommodation block in Edward Street in the city centre.

The incident happened around 1am this morning, with smoke going into students’ windows.

People living in the block were asked to shut their windows by the fire service.

A spokesman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said it has not yet been established how the fire started.