A grandfather who nearly lost his life after suffering an allergic reaction to wasp venom has been cured of the allergy which left him too scared to go outside.
Ian Peake, aged 68, from Broomhill, struggled for years because of his fear of getting stung by wasps after suffering two near fatal reactions.
His life was transformed after he received innovative treatment at the clinical immunology and allergy unit at the Northern General Hospital.
“I’m extremely grateful for the help I received,” said Ian.
“Life has returned to normal.”