Kavan Brissett murder: Everything we know so far
As friends and family gather to say their last goodbyes to a Sheffield manÂ stabbed to death in the city,Â here is everything we know so far. Â
- Kavan Brissett, agedÂ 21 year, was stabbed in an alleyway in Sheffield on Tuesday, August 21.
- He was found injured off Langsett Walk, near Upperthorpe, and received emergency first aid at the scene before paramedics arrived and rushed him to hospital.
- Kavan underwent emergency surgery but could not be saved and his life support machine was turned off four days later.
- A post mortem examination revealed that he died as a result of a single stab wound to his chest.
- The stabbing is being treated as a targeted attack.
- Four arrests have been made so farÂ in connection with the death.
- An 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and three boys -Â two aged 17 and one aged 16 - were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to rob. TheyÂ have all been bailed pending further enquiries.
-Â Detectives are trying to trace 29-year-old Ahmed Farrah over the murder. He has links to Broomhall and it is believed he could hold vital information about the death.
- Farrah, known as Reggie,Â is said to know he is wanted for questioning but is actively evading arrest.
- A police warning has been issued that anyone found helping him evade arrestÂ faces prosecution.
-Â Kavan's funeral is to be held at Bushfire Ministries on Halifax Road at 11.30am today. There will be a short procession,Â with a horse drawn carriage, along Halifax Road at 11.15am just before the service starts.Â
- Anyone withÂ information about theÂ murder should call South Yorkshire Police onÂ 101 or the incident room on 01709 443507. Â