South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue chiefs have renewed their public appeal to take care with fireworks after a shed was completely destroyed.
A rocket from a family firework display ignited the building on Verelst Avenue, Aston, Rotherham, at around 8pm on Saturday (October 22). Birley Moor fire crews tackled the blaze, in which no one was hurt.
Seasonal top tips for staying safe incluide ...
Bonfires: attend a public display rather than holding your own
Displays: if you do hold your own event, keep bonfires and fireworks well away from buildings, sheds and trees
Fireworks: store them securely and out of reach of children and follow instructions on the box
Popular Sheffield teenager fell to death while spray-painting graffiti, inquest hears
Sheffield axe attack: Nathan Sumner found not guilty of attempted murder of PC Lisa Bates
Four youths issued with banning notices after setting off fireworks in Sheffield park
Sheffield barista injured in ‘unprovoked attack’ in Orchard Square
Burglars active in Sheffield suburb
Sneak-in thief who raided 40 Sheffield homes jailed for six years
Download The Star's mobile app now for FREE