Sheffield United welcome Oldham Athletic to Bramall Lane with a place in Monday's third round draw the prize awaiting the victor.
Here's a run down of all the news you need ahead of today's 3pm kick off.
- Chris Basham has admitted he “understands” the criticism being levelled at Sheffield United’s players following a disappointing sequence of results. MORE HERE
- Sheffield United manager Nigel Adkins has leapt to the defence of his players by rubbishing claims they do not care about the football club. FULL STORY HERE
- Oldham Athletic manager David Dunn is predicting a tough encounter when his side travel to South Yorkshire to take on Sheffield United in the FA Cup today. READ MORE
- Match Guide & Betting - Player to watch, history lesson, latest odds, possible teams...it's all here. MORE
- Sheffield United manager Nigel Adkins has pointedly refused to offer Jose Baxter any guarantees about his involvement in tomorrow’s FA Cup tie against Oldham Athletic. FULL STORY HERE
- If familiarity really does breed contempt then Sheffield United are in a whole heap of trouble. Dominic Poleon, Mark Yeates, Connor Brown and, injury permitting, Jonathan Forte feature among a quintet of former players set to represent Oldham Athletic during the FA Cup second round tie. But an intoxicating cocktail of personal and professional reasons means it is Danny Philliskirk, the visitors’ gifted centre-forward, who poses arguably the greatest danger to Nigel Adkins’ side. MORE HERE
- After spending much of his media briefing discussing errant midfielders and off-the-pitch incidents, the opportunity to finally talk football must have seemed like manna from heaven for Nigel Adkins yesterday. Especially, he acknowledged, when it involved the FA Cup. A competition which, as a youngster growing-up in Birkenhead, holds many happy memories. FULL STORY HERE
- Sheffield United have prohibited Michael Higdon from taking part in the FA Cup tie at Bramall Lane. MORE HERE
- The odds on Sheffield United reaching May’s FA Cup final at Wembley are, according to those supposedly in the know, six times longer than aliens being discovered before the end of the year. READ JAMES SHIELD'S BLADES COLUMN HERE