Iain Hume in possession for Rovers
Iain Hume in possession for Rovers

DONCASTER Rovers suffered their second successive home defeat as Bournemouth made it seven undefeated since Eddie Howe’s return to the club.Bournemouth left back Daniels went close to giving the visitors the lead on 15 minutes from a 25 yard free kick which just whizzed past the near post.

Hume was robbed by Cherries midfielder MacDonald as he tried to make a run towards the box from midfield.

Striker Paynter got on the end of a superb right wing cross from Cotterill ball only to shoot over the bar under pressure from a defender.

Husband had got forward quite a lot and won Rovers a corner after 27 minutes. Arter shot weekly at Woods from just inside the area on 28 minutes. Hume shot over from an angle a minute later.

Bournemouth’s former England keeper James just managed to beat Billy Paynter to the ball.

James’ experience stood him in good stead when he spotted the danger when Spurr tried to pick out Brown and smothered the cross.

Hume, moving to a more central attacking role, with Husband playing more like a wing back, shot wide of the far post from just outside the box.

Bournemouth made the breakthrough after 38 minutes. The shot came from ARTER, whose effort found the back of the net off the foot of the post.

Cotterill overhit a cross and a promising chance fizzled out. Rovers had shown some nice touches with Clingan in particular showing up well in the first half. The Cherries had looked comfortable on the ball and a threat whenever they pushed forward and were good value for their half time lead.




Rovers made a strong start to the second half, asking questions of the Cherries back four in the opening minutes.

Husband headed wide before the hard working Billy Paynter shooting over from 30 yards out on 52 minutes.

Hume then headed over from a Cotterill freekick as Rovers looked for an equaliser.

Woods made a confident save from a Josh McQuiod free kick just outside the box, Griffin then had to be alert to cut out a dangerous cross for a corner that was aimed towards Bournemouths leading scorer Pugh, who had been fairly quiet so far.

Cherries skipper Addison then headed over from the resulting corner.

Rovers made a change in the 69th minute with David Syers replaced Cotterill, who had made a positive impact on his return from injury and that saw a reshuffle with Hume switching to the right flank with Syers taking his place upfront.

Bournemouth then made their first substitution of the half and 71 minutes with Wayne Thomas, last season’s top scorer for the South coast team, replacing the lively Josh McQuoid up front.

For all their endeavour throughout the second half, Rovers hadn’t really tested James.

Hume got another shot on target in the 76th minute from outside the box, but David James was once again equal to anything that Doncaster could throw at him.

James once again kept Doncaster at bay, this time easily dealing with Andy Griffins cross and Hume then saw another effort go wide of the Cherries goal.

Rovers had a shout for a penalty when Syers seemed to be bundled over but the officials were not interested and waved play on.

Veteran striker Robbie Blake replacied Billy Paynter upfront for Rovers and ex-Tottenham striker Lee Barnard was replaced by midfielder Wes Fogden for Bournemouth =.

Addison rose to meet a corner but his close range header failed to trouble Woods due to the lack of power and pace on the effort.

Hume tried to drag Doncaster back into the game with a 25 yard effort that went just wide.

A Hume effort went wide without troubling David James. Blake then followed his attempt by trying something similar but his effort