Kyle Bennett on the ball for Rovers today
Kyle Bennett on the ball for Rovers today

DONCASTER Rovers hit back from one down to draw 1-1 with high flying Stevenage..Both sides went into the game in good form with second placed Stevenage unbeaten and Rovers having picked up four points from back-to-back away games.

Rovers midfielder Syers got a header on target in the ninth minute only to see keeper Day make a comfortable save.

Jones used this long legs to cut out a cross into the box by full-back Gray who had pushed on down the right.

Stevenage took the lead on 16 minutes, RISSER heading home from a corner.

Morais wasn’t far off the mark with a powerful 20-yarder a minute later.

Left-back Spurr won Rovers a 27th minute corner with a long throw into the box.

Rovers had claims for a handball - a ball into the box appearing to hit the arm of a Stevenage defender - rejected by referee Gibbs.

Cotterill hit the top of the net with an angled free-kick from just outside the area on the half-hour.

Cotterill was booked for a foul on Grant, a summer signing from Southend.

Stevenage keeper Day smothered a weak effort by Syers from the edge of the box.

McCombe shot over with what was the last kick of the half. HALF-TIME



Harper was on for Keegan in midfield for the start of the second half.

On-loan striker Hume came on for his home debut when replacing Woods seconds later.

His presence up-front will no doubt have been welcomed by Brown, who had got little joy out of the Stevenage back four, ploughing a lone furrow.

Woods got down well to smother an angled 20-yarder by left-back Comminges at the near post.

Dean Saunders made a third change on 54 minutes, defender Husband coming on for Bennett on the left of midfield.

Risser went wide of the far post with a header from a corner on the right.

Rovers drew level on 79 minutes when leading scorer BROWN volleyed home from Jones’ far post header from Cotterill’s free-kick.

Brown then had a shot on the turn well blocked by Day on 83 minutes.

Day made an easy catch from Brown’s weak effort from 25 yards out.

Woods came off his line to beat Haber to a throughball on the edge of the box on 88 minutes.

Day could only punch clear from Jones’ six-yard header seconds later.

It was all Rovers now as Stevenage were hanging on for a point.