Rovers: Doncaster Rovers latest news, reports and more.
Rovers: Doncaster Rovers latest news, reports and more.

Two goals by Marlon King thwarted Doncaster Rovers’ hopes of a second successive win after Fortune gave them the lead at St Andrews.

Birmingham were the first to threaten but Rovers keeper Ikeme spotted the danger and came off his line to beat striker Wood to the ball.

Birmingham-born O’Connor cleverly robbed left-back Murphy as he tried to go past him just outside the box, and turned defence into attack in a move down the flank involving Coppinger.

Elliott shot over from the edge of the box after a blocked free-kick had fallen nicely for him.

Little had been seen of Rovers as an attacking force in the opening 17 minutes with Birmingham closing their midfield down quickly on the rare occasions they looked like creating a chance for their front three.

O’Connorfailed to find Sharp at the far post with a deep cross from the right - the ball going straight into the keeper’s arms.

Coppinger found space in front of goal just outside the six-yard-box after getting on the end of a left-wing cross but his goal-bound shot was blocked.

Rovers remained on the attack only for Gillett to shoot wide of the far post.

Six-foot-five midfielder Goulon headed wide of the far post on 20 minutes after getting on the end of a left-wing cross by Fortune.

O’Connor cleared the danger from a right-wing cross by Burke which ran across the Rovers goal, at the expense of a corner.

Rovers’ leading scorer Sharp, named Championship Player of the Month for November this week, headed over from a 35th minute corner. Stock was unlucky to lose control of the ball after bursting into the box during what was proving a good spell for Rovers.

There was a let-off for Rovers on 42 minutes when Wood headed over at the far post after getting on the end of a pinpoint left-wing cross by Murphy.

Burke became the first player to be booked on 42 minutes. King had a shot blocked for a corner following a good run down the right by Burke.

Ikeme produced a superb save at the expense of a corner to deny Wood.


Birmingham 0 Rovers 0

Stock shot high with a long-range effort in the first minute of the second half. The Rovers skipper then became the second player to be booked a minute later.

Rovers took the lead on 50 minutes.O’Connor brought the ball out of defence from deep inside his own half before finding Coppinger on the right and he ran on before picking out FORTUNE in the box.

He took a first touch before picking his spot to make it 1-0.

It was only the fourth goal that Birmingham had conceded at St Andrews this season.

Beye became the second Rovers player to be booked.

The Blues drew level on 62 minutes when KING flotted the ball home after the Rovers defence had got themselves into a mess.

Birmingham made a second change on 67 minutes - Redmond having replaced Elliott several minutes earlier - with Fahey replacing the injured N’Daw.

Zigic replaced Wood in the 73rd minute with Rovers making a double change two minutes later - Friend replacing Fortune and Barnes coming on for Coppinger.

Ikeme produced another fine save from Murphy’s shot on the edge of the area on 79 minutes after several earlier Blues efforts had been blocked.

Rovers made a third change on 85 minutes with Bennett replacing Goulon.

Birmingham took the lead in the 78th minute when KING got on the end of a Burke throughball and he drilled his shot past Ikeme to make it 2-1.

Rovers threw everyone forward in stoppage time in search of an equaliser but to no avail.

For a full report, see the Green’Un