Keith Treacy, left, after scoring
Keith Treacy, left, after scoring

SHEFFIELD Wednesday defender Miguel Llera incredibly hit his fourth goal in the last five games as the Owls put the pressure back on Sheffield United with this victory at Brentford.

Wednesday fans were in fine voice from the start and there was a special chant for Ron Atkinson from the 1,700 behind the goal when they spotted the former Owls boss near the corner of the pitch doing a TV interviewfor a programme that will appear on Monday night.

Brentford should have taken the lead in the 37th minute. The Owls were opened up by a high ball from the right which dropped at the far post, where Douglas sneaked in to find a yard of space but with only a few yards out, he knocked a half volley against the bar.How the Bees regretted that miss when they went behind a minute later. Antonio was fouled out on the right, TREACY curled a free kick in low towards the near post with his left foot where Madine tried to challenge and may have obstructed the keeper, with ball seemingly going straight in.

Bywater made a brilliant save in the 54th minute. Donaldson, a lively customer, made a run down the right and neither Llera nor Batth seemed decisive enough as the striker worked the ball on to his left foot and let fly from the edge of the box. The ball seemed to be curling at speedinto the far corner but Bywater, at full stretch, touched the ball past the post for a corner.

Brentford would consider themselves unlucky to be behind

Donaldson was almost away again but Llera stopped him this time at the expense of a booking and a free kick.

The equaliser was not long in coming. Again it was a Donaldson run down the right opening the Owls upand he was brought down by Beevers. Wednesday protested but no avail and from the penalty spot in the 62nd minute, DONALDSON drove the ball home fairly centrally as Bywater went to his right.

It was a goal that the home team had deserved. At least Beevers escaped a second yellow card, but he was living very dangerously a minute after a goal, he lunged in to a late tackle on Forrester. Brentford players surrounded the referee and had a case if they were claiming that he should receive another yellow. Beevers escaped with a talking too but in the 65th minute he was taken off and replaced by Daniel Jones.

With Dave Jones fearing that the Owls would go down to 10 men. That concern was replaced by delight in the 66th minute when Treacy curled in a corner to the near post from the right side and LLERA glanced home a header into the far bottom corner.