Lewis Grabban on the mark with a penalty
Lewis Grabban on the mark with a penalty

rotherham UNITED beat Plymouth with Lewis Grabban scoring from the penalty spot.

Rotherham opened with Pringle on the right and Grabban on the left, positions they occupied for the final 70 minutes in midweek and which manager Andy Scott said had been their own choice and one they were comfortable with.

Argyle arrived fighting relegation and with one defeat in their last seven. They included former Owls central defender Darren Purse.

Rotherham started brightly with a Pringle centre being scrambled away.

When Revell lobbed the ball back into the danger area, keeper Cole held under the bar as Grabban challenged.

Then Schofield prompted on the left, the ball broke loose and when Pringle lifted the ball back towards goal, Cole just got there ahead of Schofield.

Rotherham had begun where they left off on Tuesday and went close.

Left back Wood crossed quickly into the heart of the area where Revell sent a header just wide.

Pringle and Grabban had now swapped flanks and when Grabban went past Williams, he cut the ball back from the byline but Harrison was unable to keep his shot down from around 15 yards.

Bradley surged forward but the centre was too high for Revell.

However, Pringle retrieved possession, linked up with Wood, and then Pringle delivered a lovely centre but it was Purse who got his head on it.

In stoppage time Argyle produced their first moment of danger and it required a fine save by Taylor, diving backwards to turn the goal over after a shot by Chadwick had deflected off Jason Taylor.

There was a change at half time, Schofield staying off and Evans returning to the side after a two month absence.

It also led to a change in formation with Grabban now down the middle with Revell.

Bradley was kicked on the head by Chadwick and he slumped to the ground. He was groggy and slowly got to his knees before rising and managing to beat the count!

When Taylor headed the ball back, Grabban got in between two defenders and the keeper had to hold his lob under the bar.

There were a succession of Rotherham corners and from one by Evans, Mullins was just beaten to it at the far post.

Harrad came on and it was Pringle who was taken off, a decision the fans didn’t approve of. It had been all Rotherham this half and they deservedly went in front on 69 minutes.

Cole’s kick from hand wasn’t a good one, it held up in the wind, Harrison headed the ball forward for Evans to race on to it and as he moved into the area he was bundled over by Purse.

GRABBAN sent the keeper the wrong way with a confident penalty for his 17th goal of the season.

Ex-Barnsley man Williams was replaced by Lennox.

Harrad, who was down the middle, hooked an effort out of nothing into the side netting.

But they had done next to nothing as an attacking force and the Millers really did need to back up their dominance by ensuring a much- needed win.

Rotherham should have had a second when Grabban broke and had Revell and Evans completely free in the middle but he didn’t see them soon enough. When the ball eventually went in, the pair were crowded out and Evans had a shot blocked as Argyle survived.

Evans went past the keeper and with all the time in the world inexplicably sliced his shot off target.