GARY Megson has escaped a fine or touchline ban after his sending-off at Wycombe.
The FA regard his dismissal as having been the end of the matter.
Another boost for the Owls manager is that he is shortlisted by the Football League for the League One Manager of the Month award.
Megson had believed that he could be charged with improper conduct and fined over last Saturday’s incident - and chairman Milan Mandaric said he would pay the fine, if one was imposed.
But the game’s governing body are taking no further action.
Megson said he believed he was dismissed for a combination of reasons: Swearing, repeatedly leaving the technical area and getting annoyed when Rob Jones had to go off the pitch for attention to a cut and a change of shirt.
Clearly in the eyes of referee Chris Sarginson and the authorities his sending-off was sufficient punishment.
Megson’s latest brush with authority was therefore considered more trivial than last season’s, when he was fined a total of £3,000 on two misconduct charges after the game at Dagenham, for the manner of his protest about a penalty decision and for alleging that the referee had been influenced by a half-time conversation with Daggers manager John Still.
But the Owls are understood to be bracing themselves for further punishment for Gary Madine.
The striker who was sent off at Carlisle last week has admitted his misconduct charge, which arose from his behaviour after his dismissal.
Madine has served his automatic one-match ban for the red card, and his personal hearing at the FA looks set to take the form of a plea in mitigation as he bids to avoid a longer lay-off.
A 64-year-old former model and actress, Sybil Danning, and her husband, Horst Lasse, were said to be bidding for the club but Mandaric says he has not heard of them.