Assistant manager Paul Raynor is confident Saturday’s FA Cup mauling will have no effect on Rotherham United’s league form.
The Millers crashed to a record AESSEAL New York Stadium defeat against Championship leaders AFC Bournemouth in the third riound of the knockout competition.
But No 2 Raynor believes the 5-1 reverse will prove to be no more than a blip.
“I don’t think it will have an unsettling effect because that’s not been like we’ve played in the last five or six games,” he said.
“We’ve not defended like that, we’ve played with a lot more purpose, we’ve played with a lot more penetration. It’s just the case that we’ve lost some good players.
“It was a totally different team today. It will be a totally different team moving forward, you can be sure of that.”
Rotherham were withoutn three of the loan players who had helped them go six Championship matches unbeaten, with attackers Tom Lawrence and Emmanuel Ledesma leaving at the end of their spells and defender Scott Wotton denied permission to play by parent club Leeds United.
Raynor and manager Steve Evans were furious with the second-half display which saw the Millers ship four goals in 13 minutes and have hinted there will be no more chances for some of the players who featured.
Several could leave during the January transfer window, with Evans intent on making signings to improve his squad.
The Cherries played a largely second-string side, but will be back at New York with their full-strength line-up for a league encounter a week on Saturday.
Raynor said: “They’ll play in the same way, in the same manner. There’ll be no surprises.”
Meanwhile, loan midfielder Anthony Wordsworth is back with parent club Ipswich, and Evans has confirmed that right-back Mark Bradley, a long-term injury absentee after knee surgery last year, won’t play for the Millers this season.
Rotherham have no match on January 24 as scheduled opponents Bolton will be in FA Cup action.