Chris Brown goes past Darren Brown
Chris Brown goes past Darren Brown

DONCASTER Rovers earned a valuable point at promotion rivals Swindon Town..

Rovers were bidding for a fifth successive League One win.

Rovers skipper Jones cut out a through-ball meant for Martin as Swindon looked to push forward again.

Swindon took the lead when Williams got the better of Jones down the left and squared the ball back for RITCHIE, who made no mistake from around 10 yards.

Rovers drew level after 10 minutes when Bennett and Harper combined to get Husband away down the left and his low cross into the box was put past his own keeper by Swindon midfielder HOLLANDS.

There could have been a second Swindon goal on 26 minutes had Martin been able to get a head to the left-wing cross which flashed across goal.

Bostock shot high from 25 yards out after Rovers had failed to clear the danger from a left-wing cross by De Vita.

particular, looking a yard or so sharper than their counterparts.

There was a let-off for Rovers on 37 minutes when Holland hit the bar with a header with Woods beaten.

Woods had the ball covered, and got down to smother, from Bostock’s 25-yard free-kick four minutes later.

Swindon were denied by the bar for a second time - this time it was Martin who was left frustrated.

Rovers striker Hume came off worse in a clash of heads with big Swindon centre-back Flint and was led groggily off the field holding a towel to his head after a lengthy spell of treatment.

Rovers played a man short for the remainder of the half - presumably hoping that Hume would be fit to resume after the break.




Hume, whose head was heavily bandaged, returned to the fray at the start of the second half.

Swindon went close to putting the record straight from Ritchie’s 46th minute corner.

Jones had a pronounced limp at this stage, which must have been a concern for Rovers boss Dean Saunders, but he showed that there was nothing wrong with his heading ability as he displayed when clearing the danger from a left-wing corner in typical style.

Keegan shot wide of the far post after Swindon had failed to clear the danger from Rovers’ first corner of the game.

Clingan went in the centre of midfield with Hume moving to the left in place of Bennett, leaving Brown up front by himself.

Woods did well to punch clear under pressure from a corner in a crowded goal mouth.

Woods came rushing out of his area to clear the danger after Jones had misjudged the situation and let Williams get past him.

Woods produced an excellent save from De Vita’s goalbound header on the hour.

Hume was booked for a foul and he was quickly joined in the referee’s notebook by team-mate Keegan and Swindon striker Martin.

Woods kept out a shot by Ritchie just after the home side had brought on leading scorer Collins for Martin.

Rovers made a second change on 67 minutes with Martis, who took over his role in midfield, replacing Harper.

Cotterill almost caught the keeper out with a 25-yard free-kick on 80 minutes.

Griffin came on for Brown on 85 minutes as Saunders continued to pack his midfield with defenders.