Dog owners warned after poison chews thrown into Sheffield garden

Police have issued a warning to dog owners after treats loaded with suspected poison pellets were thrown into a Sheffield garden.

Thursday, 17th March 2016, 14:04 pm
Updated Thursday, 17th March 2016, 14:11 pm
Police issue warning to dog owners amid suspected poisoning

Four dog chews were reportedly thrown into a garden in Hartley Brook Road, Shiregreen, yesterday evening – all stuffed with bright blue pellets, believed to be poisonous.

Luckily, none of the two dogs at the property consumed any of the chews.

Police issue warning to dog owners amid suspected poisoning

A spokesman for South Yorkshire Police said: “Officers would like to hear from anyone who may hold information about this incident and would advise dog owners to be vigilant about any suspicious pellets or chews.”

Please call 101 or email enquiries@southyorks.pnn.police.uk quoting incident number 164 of 17 March 2016.

Police issue warning to dog owners amid suspected poisoning